So it’s been a little while since my last proper blogpost. I’ve been really busy with studying lately. Finals week just ended, and my body decided it would be fun to get the flu that week. So while I’m still laying in bed recovering from a fever, I thought I’d write a little update.
I went through a little bit of hell with uni this month. I had lots of deadlines and I really messed it up for myself. During the semester I didn’t really do a lot. I skipped a lot of lectures, thinking I’d watch the recording of them later. Which, of course, I never did. So I kind of screwed over the remaining two courses of this semester and that’s definitely not what I want to do with this study. I love this study a lot, and I learn a lot of fun, new things and I want to keep doing that. So I made a list for myself to help me get a hold of my life. It consists mostly of ways as to how I want to live my life, but maybe some of you guys can make some good use of it as well, that’s why I’m sharing it today. Let’s go:
- Try to be in bed before 11 pm on weekdays.
- Work on a morning routine and try to stick to it.
- Take care of your skin every night.
- Your phone should be on your nightstand/couch while studying.
- On saturday/sunday, make a planning for the entire week and enjoy the time to decorate it.
- Try to write a little in your journal every day, about how you felt that day, what happened, and what made you happy.
- You can watch one Netflix episode during dinner, and no more until you finished your work.
- Try to plan your blog activities more.
- Try to do something creative at least once a week.
- Try to read a bit every night before you go to sleep, to get a better night’s sleep.
- Try to finish a book every two months.
- Buy (or make) tiny presents for people more often, to show them you think of them.
- Write letters to your favourite people.
- Try to make your sundays free of work, so you have time to pamper yourself at least once a week.
- Take more me time.
- Drink more tea.
- Take more time to listen to music and discover some new bands.
- Write down all your creative ideas.
- Keep basic art supplies with you at all times.
- Take more pictures.
It’s a pretty long list and I think it will change a lot in the near future. I’ll probably add some things or alter some things I realised I can’t deal with. Notice how many of them start with try? That’s because it’s a list to help me live my life. It shouldn’t feel like it’s controlling my life or that I can’t do anything outside of these lines. In bed after 11 one night? No problem! It just says it on the least, because I know it would be good for me to do. Lots of these bulletpoints are just ideas of mine, which I thought might help me get better at studying and taking care of myself. If I later decide it isn’t helping, then so be it. Lately, my thoughts have been a bit all over the place and I haven’t always been feeling good. I like being alone in my room, but I also don’t. I really love my study, but sometimes I get sick and tired of it. I just thought these ‘rules’ might help me organise my life, so I can also organise my thoughts better.
So that’s kind of the portion about how I’ve been feeling this past month. Next to that, I also did some fun stuff. I the beginning of January I went to see the new Star Wars with friends, and it was really good. I also went out for dinner a couple of times, one time to celebrate 1,5 year with my boyfriend. I passed my driving theory exam and I got tickets for a couple upcoming concerts. Over all it was a pretty good month, just filled with stress and sickness. But that’s okay.
I thought it would be fun to do this kind of monthly update of my life, and what I’m going to do to improve it. Let me know what you think of this idea. I’ll see you guys next week. Bye!