And I’m back with another makeup tutorial. Today we’re doing a bit more cosplay-style, inspired by one of my favourite animated movies: Coraline. It’s a really trippy movie, but it’s just amazing. Today I’m doing my own take on the main character Coraline. Let’s get into it!
We’ll start with the basics. After applying a face primer, I applied my standard foundation and concealer (products listed below this article).
After blending everything, I set my face with my favourite compact powder. Then I did my eyebrows like I usually do. This tutorial is sooo exciting, haha! I also contoured my face.
Now we’re onto the more ‘specific’ part of the tutorial: the eyes. I applied a kind of burned orange/brown shade in my crease, blending it outwards. Then I deepened my crease and both corners with a bit darker brown shade. I tried to keep the shades a bit light, though.
I applied the same lighter brown shade along my lower lashline. To finish off the kind of halo-look, I applied a metallic brown/copper shade to the middle of my eyelid.
To make my face look a bit more like coralines face, I tried making fake freckles using a brown eyepencil.
We all know the button theme of the movie, so I thought it would be fun to do something different with that. So instead of putting buttons over my eyes, I put a ton of buttons on my face. I found a bunch of black buttons and I glued them to my skin using liquid latex. You could also use lash glue for this. I then applied some blush and extra highlighter.
To finish this cosplay-look, I added fake lashes and a nude lipstick. And of course I had to put on a blue wig and my yellow raincoat.
I’ve been wanting to do a look like this for a while, and I’m really happy I finally did. I think it turned out great! I like putting my own twist on looks and doing something different from the crowd, it just doesn’t always work out haha. But today I think I did a decent job.
I hope you enjoyed this post and may have gotten some inspiration from it. Let me know if you have any characters you want me to do inspired makeup from. I want to thank you for reading and I’ll see you next time!
Products used in this post:
- Max&More FacePrimer in Illuminating
- Catrice All Matt Plus Shine Control Makeup in 010 Light Beige
- HEMA Ready To Go Foundation Stick in 01 Pure Natural
- Revolution Conceal&Define Concealer in C3
- Essence All About Matt! Fixing Compact Powder
- Max&More Bronzing Powder Matt in 150 LA Heat
- Essence My Musthaves Eyeshadow in 20 Black is Back
- Max&More EyebrowGel in 220 Transparent
- Meeki EyePencil in Birthday Suit
- Max&More EyeshadowPrimer in Eye Makeup Base
- Max&More 88 Shades Eyeshadow Palette
- Essence x Pac-Man Blush Palette
- Catrice GLOW Mineral Highlighting Powder in 010 Light Infusion
- Max&More LongLasting Lipstick in 321 Creme Brulée
- Meeki False Lashes